The Carol Tatkon Center:
An Intellectual, Support, & Resource Center for First-Year Students
Carol Tatkon Center Goals:
- to foster intellectual curiosity, cultural enrichment, and connect the academic core of Cornell with the residential center of first-year student life
- to offer programs and services that support students' academic goals, personal development, holistic well-being, and life pursuits
- to advance student-faculty interactions outside the classroom
- to create and provide opportunities for mentoring by upper-level students
- to promote diversity, inclusiveness, and integrity
Walk-in Writing Service, Study Skills Workshops, TA Hours, Study Groups, and Course Review Sessions.
Let's Talk, Netbook Lending, Red Rover Wireless Internet, Net-Print, and Knowledgeable Upper-Level Student Staff.
Intellectual Programs with Faculty
Coffeehouses, Panel Discussions, the Dr. T Project: A Cornell Hitchhiker's Guide to Culture, and other events.
Art Exhibits, Cultural Programs, and Information Sessions on academic and other Cornell resources.