New Student Programs is a unit within the Office of the Dean of Students. New Student Programs collaborates with faculty and staff throughout the university to promote the best possible first-year experience for undergraduate students.
New Student Programs Mission Statement:
- Provide an orientation to Cornell University and its mission and values, and ease the transition to life at the university
- Offer programs and services that support students' academic goals, personal development, holistic well-being, and life pursuits
- Encourage intellectual curiosity and cultural exploration
- Promote meaningful interactions with faculty
- Provide opportunities for a shared academic experience
- Promote diversity and inclusiveness and integrity
- Welcome and introduce new students' families to Cornell
If you are interested in learning more about Cornell University's First-Year Experience Mission Statement and its Goals, please click on the highlighted links.